Monday, September 6, 2010

He should call himself Butt-Kick...

...That doesn't even make sense.

So, tonight I had the...obligation of seeing the movie Kick-A%$...(which shall be henceforth known as Kick-Butt in this blog)

I should tell you people...Kick-Butt? Terrible movie. I mean I just hated it. I'm being completely honest. I think the only scene I really didn't mind was when Marcus and..Big Daddy? (sorry, Nick don't recall your character name!) had that scene where Marcus read the comic and then Big Daddy came in. Why didn't I mind it you ask? Why, with all the awesome fight scenes, (which, I will grant you, were fairly awesome) did I choose that scene? I would have to say because it took some real acting and not cussing every other sentence. Did ya'll notice how much they cussed in this movie? I mean I've seen R rated movies before...but it's never that bad! It was like in every 10 minutes of the movie the 'F'-bomb was dropped atleast 8 times! Seriously guys? Was that necessary? And the little girl? Who was probably...eleven? Must you have her cuss too? Isn't that just a little over the top?

Anyway, the music wasn't bad. In fact I actually enjoyed the music. It was quite enjoyable.

...I wish I could ask Nicholas Cage why he felt like he should associate himself with a movie like that. If you don't know, I really like Nicholas Cage, loved him in The Sorcerer's Apprentice, so I found it slightly funny that in this movie, he played a character that, appearance-wise at least, reminded me of the creepy dude from The Lovely Bones...I haven't even seen The Loevely Bones!

As you can see I do not recommend this movie, unless you're a dude that likes all the blood and gore and cussing (for the record, I do like action movies,when they are well done. this one, I felt, was not).
If, however, you are like me, and would honestly much prefer curling up with a loved one with a big bowl of popcorn to was something like 27 Dresses than watching an action movie, then I say to you, do not watch. Go re-watch Pride and Prejudice for the 5 millionth time.

I know that's what I'm probably going to do tomorrow.

~Keyda

Random thought: I miss all the old shows we used to watch. You remember those? Like Rocket Power and Doug and Rugrats...yeah...back before we had to worry whether or not a movie had too much cussing or blood...It was a nice time.

No comments:

Post a Comment