Thursday, October 21, 2010

College Visit-Loyola

I really should have written this last...Sunday? Yeah, last Sunday. But I got distracted and whatnot, but here you go. Your inside scoop to my very first college visit. Loyola University Chicago!



So, my fabulous day started out waking up at 5 in the morning. For those who don't know, I am not a morning person. It's quite difficult for me to even get up at 6:30 a.m. for Madrigal rehearsals on Tuesdays and Thursdays. But I am also very stubborn. I refused to give in to my sleeping needs. Luckily for me, it is a battle I am used to fighting often enough that I won this time. I stayed awake the entire time.

The ride up there basically consisted of reading my book (Rainbow's End by Irene Hannon), playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team, and, near the end, watching parts of Pride and Prejudice. Time well spent, in my personal opinion.
Oh! and I also had a hot chocolate (in a Styrofoam coffee cup :D)



...It was delicious.

Anyway, we finally got there after three and a half hours of driving. Loyola turned out to be really awesome. We toured four of the five freshman dorms (I like Regis the best;it used to be a hotel!) and at the end, Dad and I got a campus tour. One of my favorite parts was when we went through the church they had on campus, I got to see their new-ish pipe organ. It was beautiful! (I've never seen a real live pipe organ, so that was awesome.)
Another one of my favorite parts was the view of the lake. They had a walkway that was a little ways up from the lake, but had an amazing view of it. I just wanted to sit and look at it forever. Anyway, a very nice university overall.

On the way back, we stopped at an IKEA store, which I had never been to before. Let me tell you, IKEA=AWESOME. I have back-up for this

1.) It's like a frickin' maze! If they didn't have the arrows pointing where to go, or the signs, then you could get seriously lost in there. Heck, you could get lost in there anyway.

2.)All of the kitchens actually have utensils and bowls/plates/pots/pans in most of their drawers/ovens/cabinets/lazy susans. Seriously. Mom and I had the most fun opening all the drawers and seeing what was inside. It was like we were pirates and all of the utensils was our treasure!

3.)Hello, tiny stuffed snake I named Sebastian!


I had the most fun taking pictures with him:




Anyway...We also stopped for supper at T.G.I. Fridays, which was delicious (hello potato skins!)

Finally we got home, which I celebrated with an ice cream sandwich. Again, delicious.

~Keyda

Random Thought: I'm going to Six Flags: Fright Fest on Saturday! Have you ever been? Is is really as scary and frightening as they make it seem?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your first visit was so successful! I very seriously considered Loyola back when I was college hunting. It was a finalist before I fell in love with Knox.

    ReplyDelete