Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Autumn is on its way...

Can't you just feel it in the air? Gosh, I just love feeling like this! The best part is that it's only going to get better from here. Oh, I just cannot wait for Autumn (for the record, I always call it Autumn, never Fall. It just sounds more proper, don't you think?)! The leaves splashed with orange (my favorite color), the days finally (!) cooling off, and, best of all, the Prime Beef Festival!

Let me explain. The Prime Beef Festival is something that we have here in my town every September. Right now, many of the Senior girls in my high school are getting ready for the pageant we host every year for the Festival. I believe it's the Prime Beef Pageant or something like that. ( I have just realized all my followers live in/near town, and therefore know exactly what I'm talking about...ah, well.)

Then there is the parade. What a wonderful tradition. Floats, bands, trucks, horses, and yes, even an organ on wheels. Once upon a time, quite a few years ago, I used to be in the parade for twirling. That is, until I got to Junior High and suddenly, we have marching band! I lost interest in the twirling and found a solace in marching band. It was fun, and I got to be a part of the parade in the section that always had me closing my ears shut tightly when I was a child. Ah, the good old days. Two years went by, and suddenly I was in High School. Where we still have marching band, only harder. Still, I enjoyed it immensely. Now I'm a Junior, and a Drum Major. Subsequently, the only other Drum Major we have is, da-da-da-daaaaaaa, in the pageant, and therefore, will be on the pageant float and unable to march backwards and wave her arms around with me. Which means I will be by myself, as far as leading the pack. Did I mention this was our FIRST parade? I didn't? Well, there you go.

Anyway, even with the pageant and the parade competing, the event that wins overall, is always the Fair. It lasts a week, and is probably the most fun thing to happen to this small town ever. There's a ferris wheel, a ride called the zipper ('infamous' zipper is more likely), a giant slide you slide down on potato sacks, a hang-glider ride, a mirror maze, a ride called the wipeout (dizzy, wonderful, magnificent, vomit-inducing hysteria), that one ride with the red things you sit in and spin around (can't remember the name), the 1001 knots, and several others, including food stands with the BEST (worst, if you're on a diet) corn dogs in the WORLD. I have to get one every year. And a funnel cake. Definitely a funnel cake.

So, if you can't tell, I am VERY excited for this year's Prim Beef Festival (especially considering last year's began on a really crappy note). And Autumn in general.

I would talk about how school's started, but you guys already knew that, didn't ya?

~Keyda

Random Thought: Auggie and Annie definitely belong together. Despite tonight's episode, I actually think they became closer, rather than Natasha pushing them apart. Annie learned a bit more about Auggie, and what he's really like. And Auggie got to let go of his past love. Everybody wins. Sorta.

2 comments:

  1. You're thinking of the Tilt-a-Whirl. Or Tilt around so many times you vomit because you keep getting back in line. That's my favorite ride :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha! That's it! thanks, bud ^_^

    ReplyDelete