Friday, July 30, 2010

Deep thoughts

"Everything happens for a reason. Every bad decision we make, every crummy thing that's happened to us is all to get us where we need to be. And, in the end, as long as we're happy with the path we've ended up on, isn't that all that matters?"

Just something I came up with last night. In my mind, at least, it rings some sort of truth.
I mean, with complete and total honesty, can you say that you would still be who you are today if you hadn't made all those horrible choices you know you've made? Or had those terrible things happen to you? Maybe they still are, I don't know.

What I DO know is, no matter how bad the experience or choice they all help us grow as people. I know if I hadn't made the mistakes I've made in the past, I wouldn't be who I am. I still make some mistakes, but I try to learn from them and move on. That's really all you can do, isn't it? In the end, you can't change what has happened, you can only change what WILL happen. Only you control your future, so take the reigns and decide where you're headed.

Whether that has to deal with short term or long term, career choices or school decisions, whether you want to buy that book or check it out from the library, instead. It's all up to you.
So, tonight, I implore you to choose your path. Where it's going is entirely up to you. Make bad choices, learn from them, then, hopefully, make some good choices. Get on your path, and walk down it like it's a freaking runway!

~Keyda :P

Random Thought: Any of you seen "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" yet? What did you like about it? What didn't you like about it? I'm happy to say that I liked it enough to go twice, and thoroughly enjoyed it both times.

No comments:

Post a Comment